Friday, February 8, 2013

8 Months Old

Benjamin turned 8 months old yesterday!

He is developing so much like David and I. Front profile he looks like me, side profile he looks like David. Height and weight is just like David. I would like to say his smartness is from me :) He has this serious face that he uses when he is really thinking about something (deciding if he likes it or not) or meeting someone new, his daddy is so serious all the time. When he drinks his bottles he now plays with his hair, just like his mommy (no I don't drink out of bottles unless it is a wine bottle). This is not a trait that I am proud of and am working hard to stop playing with my hair around him. He is a prefect combination of David and I.

As for milestones, he now crawls with is hands and not his forearms. Unless he is after Cocoa, he uses his forearms because he is much faster that way. He loves to stand and lean on things and recently he started crawling up onto things on his own. He loves to crawl up the stairs so we are going to be getting a gate this weekend. He is showing signs of wanting to walk so we are going to start working on that. He has started eating more solid food, but his favorite is this pear, applesauce that I made (put them together because I added to much water at first), yogurt, and eggs. He loves all my homemade food especially the veggies. We try not to give him to much fruit. He is not a fan of avocado and cottage cheese, we will try to reintroduce them again of course since David and I love both of these foods.

We taught Benjamin how to wave and it is the cutest thing ever! We always wave "hi" and "bye" to him and he just started doing it the other day. When we go into his room in the morning he waves to us and then laughs, he seriously melts my heart. Speaking of laughing, lately it has been really hard changing his diaper because he moves so much. The other day I had to use my firm voice at him to hold still (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle) and he looked at me and then laughed, guess we are going to have our hands full. We are working on clapping and giving air kisses. If you recommended any other cute tricks let me know!

He has is 9 month check up on March 8th so we will see what other fun things he does from now until then. We are waiting for some warm weather as Benjamin loves to be outside going for walks, well a stroll! Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment