Monday, April 28, 2014

Half Marathon

I was in a rut after my surgery and my friend Katie was doing this half marathon and I thought this is was what I needed to get back in shape. Thank you Katie so much! David volunteered to do it with me and I am so thankful that he did. I couldn’t have done it without him. He is such a motivator and supporter (even of all my crazy ideas and we all know that I have a lot). There were a lot of days training and lost Saturday mornings, but he stuck with me.

My expectation was just to run the whole thing at whatever pace, but my expectation was let down at mile 9 when I started getting this horrible pain in my left otter foot and I was walking by mile 10, what a disappointment. I have to look at the positives her and know that I did accomplish a half marathon. I will do another half marathon this year to redeem myself. It will not be about beating my time; it will be about running the whole thing.
As a side note, I went back to the store that I bought my shoes (just two weeks before the race) and explained the whole situation and they replaced my shoes with ones that fit. I am not trying to make an excuse for my horrible run but the lady said that I was in the wrong shoe and disappointed that the woman who helped me didn’t even fit my foot after my surgery…I have 30 days to figure out if this shoe is the perfect

David's dinner the night before
 
Pre-Race

Post-Race

Katie and I (my new hippie headband, love it)

2 comments:

  1. You did great Kat! Running 9 miles straight is hard work! and you did finish it. Don't be so hard on yourself and it's okay if you walk on your next one too. The point is you are doing another one in 6 months! Way to go, I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! I am proud of myself but now this will put me back a couple months from trying to make a baby ;)

      Delete